Monday 15 July 2013

I AM TRAYVON

                  I AM TRAYVON

By now you already know the verdict,
Zimmerman walks free.
Stay away from Zimmerman's street,
else you'd end up on injustice tree.
I am Trayvon
what was my crime?
The white man said I was black
That I had my hoodie on,
He also said I wrestled with him.
He had a gun, and I was just 17.

You are Trayvon,
the system don't have justice for you.
You're Trayvon,
five white women found my killer innocent.
He claimed self defense,
I attacked him with the color of my skin
and he blocked my attack with gunshots.

My family weeps
as my dreams are permanently gone under the hoodie of injustice,
America, my America....
I am Trayvon,
I didn't choose to be black, God made me so.
I didn't choose to be killed, Zimmerman made that choice.
I know you weep for me,
wipe your tears, put on a hoodie,
Yes I was shot,
yes I was killed,
but I live. 
Zimmerman May have shot me,
but he dies daily in his conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope ya'll keep coming back to check out fresh contents.