Tuesday 29 April 2014

MADE WOMAN


        MADE WOMAN

 

I intimidate a weak man,

not with my words or my curves,

but with my accomplishments.

I have the same degrees as him,

sat in the same class as he,

Became so qualified I failed to be his secretary

Failed at playing second when I have all the qualities to be first.

 

I love deeply,

But I'm not desperate.

I wanna be married and have kids,

But I also want to be a provider.

I know my place in a man's world

and that's not only in his kitchen or in his bed,

I am too strong for that.

I am his rib, and bone is stronger than sand.

I love my man, and he would feel so lucky to have me.

 

I am a made woman,

not cos of my degrees and money in the bank,

not cos of the fact that I can make knowledgeable arguments

or that I can switch roles from the boardroom to the bedroom.

I am a made woman cos in a man's world I stand tall,

In my relationships, I ensure that my man won't for another lady, fall,

I don't make him worry about my wants cos I can satisfy them.

I would be his Beyonce, he won't have a choice but be my Jigga.

 

You say I'm proud cos I scare men away,

You say I'm proud cos I won't marry this or that.

I'm so made I won't settle for less.

I'm so made I ate the apple first cos man was blind to explore.

I don't scare men, unless those scared of success,

I'm not proud, for I would make a humble wife and make my man proud.

When I say I do, he would smile till his dying day,

for he didn't just get a wife,

He also got a made woman.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope ya'll keep coming back to check out fresh contents.